PDA

View Full Version : Reminder Dialog Box

armsys
03-31-2008, 06:35 PM
I can't find the Menu item to pop up the Reminder Dialog Box on demand.
BTW, can the reminders from all opening URD be consolidated into a single Reminder Dialog Box?
Armstrong

kinook
03-31-2008, 06:53 PM
Originally posted by armsys
I can't find the Menu item to pop up the Reminder Dialog Box on demand.There isn't one -- the Reminder dialog (and/or tray notification) will be automatically (re)displayed within one minute whenever there are overdue reminders (don't uncheck both options under Tools | Options | Search/Reminders). If there were a menu item to display it, the dialog would be empty anyway (unless opened during the < 1 minute window before it is automatically displayed). Snoozed items won't show up in the Reminder dialog until they come due again, and the dialog will be displayed automatically.

BTW, can the reminders from all opening URD be consolidated into a single Reminder Dialog Box?
Armstrong They are - all reminders for all open databases are always displayed in a single Reminder dialog.

armsys
03-31-2008, 10:02 PM
Originally posted by kinook
There isn't one -- the Reminder dialog (and/or tray notification) will be automatically (re)displayed within one minute whenever there are pending reminders (don't uncheck both options under Tools | Options | Search/Reminders).
In my case, when a Reminder Dialog Box pops in an inconvient moment, I put it into SNOOZE state. However, I still wish to browse all pending reminders when I'm accorded a moment of pause. Then that's the frustrating moment when I realize I can't find one.

Originally posted by kinook
They are - all reminders for all open databases are always displayed in a single Reminder dialog.
In my case, four Reminder Dialog Boxes pop up from four URDs respectively.

Armstrong

quant
04-01-2008, 02:13 AM
Originally posted by armsys
In my case, when a Reminder Dialog Box pops in an inconvient moment, I put it into SNOOZE state. However, I still wish to browse all pending reminders when I'm accorded a moment of pause. Then that's the frustrating moment when I realize I can't find one.
You can simply create a search based on "pending reminder" attribute. That's how I deal with tasks when I have more time, so that I can see which tasks are going to be due soon (those snoozed as well).

I already mentioned it somewhere, it would be nice to be able to see "recurring" attribute in the Reminder dialogue, and be able to set snooze to a given date/time.

armsys
04-01-2008, 02:39 AM
Originally posted by quant
You can simply create a search based on "pending reminder" attribute.
I know someone will offer the Search trick as a work-around solution. I know the world isn't perfect. I'm overindulged by Outlook's excessive convenient features such as View > Reminders Window.
Hope Kinook will answer our prayer.
BTW, furthermore, can someone be kind enough to rebut my observation--multiple URDs pop up multiple Reminder Dialog Boxes? They don't pop up simultaneously, but definitely each belongs to a specific URD.
Armstrong

armsys
04-03-2008, 06:51 AM
I can confirm again multiple URDs generate multiple Reminder dialog boxes, though they occur one after another.

[Update]
But careful observation shows actually the said multiple Reminder dialog boxes combine together as single dialog box subsequently after their first displays individually.

Armstrong