PDA

View Full Version : v3.2.2 Open New Tab ... NOT!

dasymington
09-17-2007, 05:04 PM
When I click on the open new tab button or choose New Tab from the menu, UR starts up IE7 (which I don't normally use anyway) and DOESN'T open a new tab. Seems a fairly fundamental problem with the new feature, "Opening new tab shows blank page instead of item from previous tab". How do you get a new tab?

Should I go back to the previous version?

janrif
09-17-2007, 05:08 PM
v3.2.2

open tab #1 - data contained in form
open blank tab #2
click tab #1 = form display inverted

os = w2k-sp4

dasymington
09-17-2007, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by janrif
v3.2.2

open tab #1 - data contained in form
open blank tab #2
click tab #1 = form display inverted

os = w2k-sp4
I can confirm that, too. The difference between this behaviour and that which I reported at the beginning of this thread is the setting in Tools - Options - Browser - Launch shortcuts in external broswer window by default: if I have that ticked I get the behaviour I reported; if I untick it I get the behaviour you report.

Either way, it's pretty useless. I hope Kinook fix it quick. In fact, the problem is so fundamental, I can't understand how they let it out without noticing it!

janrif
09-17-2007, 05:24 PM
Maybe Quant can help solve this one too. :-)

dasymington
09-17-2007, 05:29 PM
I'm saying nothing ;-)

kinook
09-17-2007, 06:11 PM
We updated the download with that "feature" removed (it does seem to be half-baked).

janrif
09-17-2007, 06:36 PM
Originally posted by kinook
We updated the download with that "feature" removed (it does seem to be half-baked).
On the positive side, the browser seems to be working better... faster, at least. Haven't tested linking, etc.