PDA

View Full Version : Views

janrif
07-16-2007, 01:35 PM
Kinook, Would it be possible to add a view to the attributes. In that way user could attach a custom view to a favorite, for example. This would be useful depending on the kind of search results the user needs.

For example, searching contacts could yield name | Tel | Contact, etc.

There may be a way to set this up under the current setup but having it as an attribute would probably make it easier.

Thank you.

kinook
07-17-2007, 07:44 AM
You can customize the columns (attributes) displayed in the Search Results pane, if that's what you mean.
http://www.kinook.com/UR/Manual/relateditemspane.htm

janrif
07-17-2007, 09:16 AM
Originally posted by kinook
You can customize the columns (attributes) displayed in the Search Results pane, if that's what you mean.
http://www.kinook.com/UR/Manual/relateditemspane.htm
What I mean is somewhat contained in your answer. The next step is when user selects a 'favorite' which has children, such as contacts, that specific columns & attributes show up which might not show up if user selected a Todo favorite.

The idea is to be able to lock in a set of columns/attirbutes/panes as a view for a favorite.

I don't believe this is currently possible.

Thank you.

quant
07-17-2007, 09:33 AM
Originally posted by janrif
The idea is to be able to lock in a set of columns/attirbutes/panes as a view for a favorite.
this is item specific, any item's related pane can have customized columns. What I miss, is that the columns to show in the related pane are not in the item's attribute pane ... many times I wanted to have the same columns for certain items which would be easy, just copy "related item" attributes ... please, give us this feature :)

janrif
07-17-2007, 10:28 AM
Originally posted by quant
this is item specific, any item's related pane can have customized columns. [snip] Hmmmm I don't think that truly sunk in until just now. And I agree in regards to column = attribute. It makes adding/changing data much easier. That would solve my problem.