PDA

View Full Version : Understanding Appointment attribute

janrif
04-09-2007, 09:14 AM
Would it be fair to say that UR's 'Appointment' is related directly to Outlook? Since I don't use Outlook, using it seems like a wasted attribute because reminders & such are tied to Begin Date or Begin Time. So for a non-outlook user like me, it would make more sense to use only Begain date/time to minimize data entry. Do I have this about right?

quant
04-09-2007, 09:33 AM
Originally posted by janrif
Would it be fair to say that UR's 'Appointment' is related directly to Outlook? Since I don't use Outlook, using it seems like a wasted attribute

What wasted attribute are you talking about? There is no "Appointment" attribute in the empty database.

janrif
04-09-2007, 10:07 AM
Originally posted by quant
What wasted attribute are you talking about? There is no "Appointment" attribute in the empty database. Gee maybe I created it. Anyway I have an appointment attribute which has both date/time data entry format. It seemed more logical to me but then realized reminder only functioned off of begin date/time. So I guess I should take all my appointments (w appt attribute) & switch it over to begin date/time format that is default. Then adding reminder for appt involves less data input. Right?

quant
04-09-2007, 10:28 AM
yes.

But this is a good place for me to ask for another feature request. The fact that reminder works only with Begin Date/Time is quite limiting (both the fact that it can be only one, and the fact that it works only with a given attribute).

Feature request:
I would welcome if any attribute of Date (or Date+Time) type could have it's reminder, so that reminders would not be tied to an "Item" (that contains Begin Date/Time) but to Item's attributes of Date type. In this way, Item could have several reminders, tied to a particular attribute of Date type. Thank you!