PDA

View Full Version : quickly storing an URL

janrif
03-09-2007, 10:41 AM
After reading FAQ on quickly importing files/web content, I'm missing something but don't know what.

If I drag/drop from UR browser icon onto an explorer folder, UR does something for about 10-20 secs before the process is complete.

Is UR keywording the webpage?
What settings should I be looking at?
What can I do to speed up this process?

Thank you.

kinook
03-09-2007, 12:36 PM
Importing a file/web page includes the following processing by default:
1) Retrieving the web page and any ancillary pages (parsing for title and text content to facilitate searching, and to store the information if storing contents)
2) Retrieving the associated icon for the document/web page
3) Retrieving any summary information to map to UR attributes
4) All updates performed transactionally (to support undo)

If you use IE (or UR's internal browser) for browsing, checking 'Tools | Options | Import (More) | Always use IE cached version of files if available' should speed up imports of web pages a bit. Disabling of parsing for keywords (remove relevant extensions from 'Tools | Options | Import | File extensions to keyword'), downloading of images (Tools | Options | Import (More) | Download images), or importing via the wizard with 'Do not process documents for keywords, summary, or icon information' checked will also make import faster.

Another option would be to create a new Document item and assign its URL attribute.