PDA

View Full Version : How can I open a specific urd-file with Launchy?

jschrot
12-30-2006, 08:08 PM
How do I have to specify the path in launchy.xml to direct launchy to save a webpage in a specific urd-file?

Inserting the following into launchy.xml works fine:
<command>%ProgramFiles%\UltraRecall\UltraRecall.exe</command>
<arguments>"C:\web.urd" /importdup</arguments>

But if I specify a different path with empty spaces in the pathname like "C:\Eigene Dateien\Texte und Schaubilder\web.urd" it doesn't work. Neither does the following path: "C:\Eigene%20Dateien\Texte%20und%20Schaubilder\web. urd", which yields the error messge:

Error opening database "C:\Eigene%20Dateien\Texte%20und%20Schaubilder\web. urd": File doesn't exist.

Can anybody tell me please what the correct pathname is?

kinook
01-02-2007, 04:09 PM
What exactly happens when using the first method (actual spaces)? Which version of UR, Firefox, Launchy, and Windows are you running?

jschrot
01-02-2007, 07:39 PM
I am using Windows XP SP 1, Firefox 2.0.0.1, Launchy 4.2.0 and UR 2.0e.

- The following lines in Launchy.xml result in the error message: "Error opening database: 'C:\Eigene': File doesn't exist".

<application>
<label>Ultra Recall (web)</label>
<type>1</type>
<arguments>"C:\Eigene Dateien\Texte und Schaubilder\web.urd" /importdup</arguments>
</application>

- The following lines in Launchy.xml result in the error message: "Error opening database: C:\Eigene%20Dateien\Texte%20und%20Schaubilder\web. urd": File doesn't exist"

<application>
<label>Ultra Recall (web)</label>
<type>1</type>
<arguments>"C:\Eigene%20Dateien\Texte%20und%20Schaubilder\web. urd" /importdup</arguments>
</application>

kinook
01-02-2007, 09:47 PM
It seems that Launchy doesn't handle arguments containing spaces very well. You'll have to either:

1) Use the short version (8.3) of the .urd file in the arguments field (use dir /x at a Command Prompt to see short filenames)

or

2) Create a batch file that specifies the filename and call that from Launchy. For instance

[c:\import.bat]
start ultrarecall "c:\temp\my data.urd" %1 %2 %3

[launchy.xml extract]
<command>c:\import.bat</command>
<arguments>/importdup</arguments>

jschrot
01-03-2007, 04:51 AM
Thank you for the help!
I tried the first method and it works perfectly.