PDA

View Full Version : Calendar docking?

broberts
03-12-2006, 12:53 PM
It would be very useful to have the calendar be able to flyout-dock off to the sides like some of the other windows, like the search, are able to do.

Barb R.

dedebaykus
03-13-2006, 02:36 PM
i second this one too.

Also why would copy-paste close the calendar window? I am sure there are cases when one would want that behaviour, but there would be times one would not want too. Why do not you put a check mark on calendar window for that?

Also double clicking on a date should paste the date rather than copy-paste way??

I just think that overall calendar window is neglected. We can have nice additions on calendar window like right click menus. One should be able to create items based on calendar date within calendar window, like items could be named based on dates selected, or we should be able to drag and drop dates from calendar window.

My last comment on calendar is that how come we do not have date formatting options? (at least i could not see one)

thanks

kinook
03-23-2006, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by dedebaykus
Also why would copy-paste close the calendar window? I am sure there are cases when one would want that behaviour, but there would be times one would not want too. Why do not you put a check mark on calendar window for that?

Because that's how we designed it. We'll consider your request.

Originally posted by broberts
It would be very useful to have the calendar be able to flyout-dock off to the sides like some of the other windows, like the search, are able to do.

Also double clicking on a date should paste the date rather than copy-paste way??

I just think that overall calendar window is neglected. We can have nice additions on calendar window like right click menus. One should be able to create items based on calendar date within calendar window, like items could be named based on dates selected, or we should be able to drag and drop dates from calendar window.

We'll consider these for a future release.

My last comment on calendar is that how come we do not have date formatting options? (at least i could not see one)

Date/time formatting is a system-wide Windows setting, configured at Control Panel -> Regional and Language Options (on Windows XP).

dedebaykus
03-24-2006, 04:42 AM
Thanks for consideration.
I know how hard to develope software and satisfy all the customers. Keep up the great work please.

danson
03-29-2006, 06:19 AM
just to bring the thread back to the original request which I strongly support - a docked calendar would be really useful.

I envisage it actually as a quick search shortcut:

When you click on a date (other than when you are focused on a calendar field in which case that date would be inserted) the click would trigger a search which will show, in time order, all items that are scheduled for that day.

If it is possible to have the calendar show up non-empty days that would be even more useful.

This way we can actually see at a glance which days are clear and which have things scheduled for.

Ideally a drag drop onto a calendar day would reschedule the item for that day.

How does this sound?
Daniel

broberts
03-29-2006, 06:46 AM
I would just be happy to have a flyout calendar that would stay that way so when you open UR it's there, waiting for you to look at or use , instead of having to open the thing each time you open UR....and as it is now, without being a flyout, it's often in the way. If adding features to the calendar makes it complicated to do and making it a flyout is fairly easy I would hope it becomes at least a flyout first then it's additional features are looked into. This and the way it imports webpages along with not having a quick work offline feature are really the only things I've found that drive me bonkers, mainly because there's no way I can adjust my workflow to quickly compensate for it.

Barb