PDA

View Full Version : inserting a whole attribute category in one step?

igoldsmid
02-28-2006, 07:44 PM
I don't know whether this is good or bad practice - but I do this quite a lot and it works for me, which is to turn any item/document type into a Task - that is to add task category attributes to an item or doc that was not created as an 'official' task...

And when I do this I would, instead of having to add a number of task attributes one by one, like to be able to add the entire set, or category of task attributes in one operation.

I was wondering whether others thought this crazy, or a good thing? And therefore whether Kevin might choose to add this capability to the new features TBA list.

kevina
03-01-2006, 08:43 AM
If you are adding "Reminder" attributes, you can easily add them all by first adding either a Reminder or Recurring attribute. The related attributes (Begin Date, Begin Time, etc) will also be added automatically.

Another, more generic, way of adding a group of attributes is to change the Template attribute of the Info Item(s) in question to an alternate template that contains the desired additional attributes.

Note: currently the system Task template is not compatible with either the Text or Document templates (due to it also working with Outlook Tasks), but you can create a new "Task" template that is compatible with either (by basing this new template on the appropriate existing template) then adding the desired additional attributes to it.