PDA

View Full Version : Access Forbidden

jmerrill
07-24-2003, 05:43 PM
I am getting an Access Forbidden 403 error when attempting to build a vs.net solution. The box it is running on is Server 2003 and I am running V 5.0 of Visual Builder. The solution I am trying to build contains 9 projects with two being web projects. The web project it always fails on is called share.

This project compiles fine in VS. I have tried using the servername rather than localhost with no affect.

kinook
07-25-2003, 06:53 PM
See if this updated version helps. Close VBP, extract the attached file to your VisBuildPro install path, restart VBP and try it again.

jmerrill
07-28-2003, 09:08 AM
This resolved the problem - thank you.

jnapier
07-29-2003, 01:58 AM
I replaced the VisBuildDotNET.dll with the one in the attachment but it did not work for me. This is the error message I get:

Error loding info for project file 'http://localhost:81/Website.csproj': The remote server returned an error : (403) Forbidden.

I can build the solution fine with my old run program code that I used in the last version of visual build. The code is:

%DOSCMD% devenv %SolutionLocation%\%SolutionName%\%SolutionName%.s ln /build release

Please help so that I canuse the new features of the latest release.

Thanks.
Jesse

kinook
07-30-2003, 07:33 AM
Please send the following info to support@kinook.com and we can look into it:

1. Version/SP of VS.NET and the .NET Framework
2. The .sln + .csproj files in question.
3. The .BLD file with the Make VS.NET step that is failing.
4. An export of the registry key 'HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Servi
ces\W3SVC\Parameters\Virtual Roots' if running IIS < v6.0

Thanks.

kinook
08-06-2003, 09:47 AM
In jnapier's situation, it turned out to be that the web app was on a non-default web site. In order to build web projects on a non-default web site from VisBuildPro, you need to use a virtual directory for the web app and enable read access to project files (i.e., .csproj extension) in IIS.