PDA

View Full Version : saved search items

igoldsmid
02-14-2006, 07:10 PM
I sometimes (too often actually) find that a saved search, especially an advanced search that I've created and saved for continuous reuse, gets somehow (by unconscious accident I guess) changed, or reset, and I may not remember all the specific terms that made it useful/necessary.

Therefore I was wondering whether it might be possible to provide what I might call, a 'read only' switch for saved searches - that when set would disable the search from being modified - and the saved search will be thus locked or protected until the read only switch is removed....

IJG...

Leoram
02-15-2006, 09:52 AM
Thanks igoldsmid for reminding me about this issue which I also posted here:

http://www.kinook.com/Forum/showthread.php?threadid=1260&highlight=Reset

In that occasion I think the issue did not echo as I expected. I hope our responsive friends will now be willing to jot this down on their feature request list.

Leoram

kinook
02-20-2006, 07:39 PM
This feature is on our feature request list.

lsebba
03-13-2006, 11:09 AM
Along the same lines, it would be great if there were a way to save column layouts. For eample, if I have created a set of 5 specific columns, it seems to be cumbersome to have to go to each item I want to use the same 5 columns and recreate the view maually. I realize I can do this with templates, but it can be cumbersome to have that many templates if I have a variety of column sets that I want, and b) to make changes after creation of an item may be more difficult.