PDA

View Full Version : Installed Task Priority Attribute

igoldsmid
02-03-2006, 04:46 PM
The task Priority attribute provided at install - the properties can't be modified (it seems)... It is importing Outlook task priorities as Type = Number (even thought the data is alphanumeric, 1-High etc..) - but I would like to change the Type to String with "restrict values to list"....

How can I do this without having to create another duplicate Task Priority Attribute?

kevina
02-03-2006, 05:00 PM
You are not prevented from entering string values into this numeric attributes which is why values like "1-High" can be added from Outlook.

There currently is not a way to change the type from numeric, the advantage to the numeric type is that you can search on numeric values or entire string and it will sort appropriately as well depending on whether you enter a leading numeric values or not. The main disadvantage is that you can't add list values for a populated drop-down.

xja
02-04-2006, 09:32 AM
Originally posted by igoldsmid
but I would like to change the Type to String with "restrict values to list"....

So would I. Kevin already knows my opinion on this but I wanted to add my support publicly. :)