PDA

View Full Version : Colors, theme choices, and other wishes

Zula
12-03-2005, 08:05 PM
I've been using TreeDBNotes Pro and would like to see some of the features it has incorporated into Ultra Recall.

1. The ability to use color more, both in terms of "theme" choices (like skins) for the overall program and for info items. For example, I would like to use different color backgrounds. In general, for me all of the white is boring.

2. More editing/formatting options for info items-for example, the ability to add pictures integrated with the text, outlines, etc.. (Freehand notes would be cool too.)

3. An optional pop up calendar with the ability to add to-do items and journal notes. (I don't like Outlook, so I'd rather see something incorporated here. It doesn't have to be complicated.)

4. The ability to add additional trees, accessed via tabs. As I use Ultra Recall more, this feature would be more and more useful. I'd rather have several smaller trees than one big one.

Daly de Gagne
12-04-2005, 08:58 AM
Originally posted by Zula
I've been using TreeDBNotes Pro and would like to see some of the features it has incorporated into Ultra Recall.

1. The ability to use color more, both in terms of "theme" choices (like skins) for the overall program and for info items. For example, I would like to use different color backgrounds. In general, for me all of the white is boring.

2. More editing/formatting options for info items-for example, the ability to add pictures integrated with the text, outlines, etc.. (Freehand notes would be cool too.)

3. An optional pop up calendar with the ability to add to-do items and journal notes. (I don't like Outlook, so I'd rather see something incorporated here. It doesn't have to be complicated.)

4. The ability to add additional trees, accessed via tabs. As I use Ultra Recall more, this feature would be more and more useful. I'd rather have several smaller trees than one big one.

I especially agree with your first and fourth points. I have always had problem with the plain white space -- also would be helpful to have colour and icon choices to help differentiate items.

The ability to add extra trees -- which I imagine would be similar to being able to open different UR files within the same window -- would certainly help. Right now, the tree becomes very awkward to use, and in the absence of a hoist option, a real PITA at times. In some cases it would be helpful to have two files open at the same time; at other times being able to assign a file to each tab would be sufficient.

Also, it's important that tree items gain the ability to word wrap so that item titles don't disappear beneath the adjacent window.

Daly

kevina
12-10-2005, 11:46 AM
Please see http://www.kinook.com/Forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1391 for a consolidated discussion on future enhancements of UR related to the hoist suggestion mentioned.