PDA

View Full Version : Kinook?

Leoram
09-05-2005, 09:58 AM
What is the meaning of Kinook? Where does this term come from?

Leoram

kinook
09-06-2005, 12:43 PM
If has no special meaning (that we're aware of). It's a word we made up when forming the company.

jjinwi
09-06-2005, 01:49 PM
And here I thought you guys were from Canada!

-jj

Daly de Gagne
09-06-2005, 02:35 PM
I'm from Canada, eh. And that's Canuck, not Kinook, eh. But we wouldn't mind having Kinook here, eh, as long as the company brought all its good software with them. Have a good day, eh.

Daly

srdiamond
09-25-2005, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by Daly de Gagne
I'm from Canada, eh. And that's Canuck, not Kinook, eh. But we wouldn't mind having Kinook here, eh, as long as the company brought all its good software with them. Have a good day, eh.

Daly

Having lived in Canada for a couple of years, I know they have _both_ Canuck and Kinook, at least in Calgary.

Daly de Gagne
09-25-2005, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by srdiamond
Having lived in Canada for a couple of years, I know they have _both_ Canuck and Kinook, at least in Calgary.

Steven, where have you been? Haven't seen your name in any of the usual places for a while. Hope you're well.

I lived in Calgary about 30 years ago also. I don't remember Kinook, but that may simply mean my memory is poor. Do you recall what context Kinook was used in?

I do remember, though the Chinook winds that used to carry warm air from the west coast, over the moutains, and down into the flatlands during winter, making for some very fast warm-ups during the winter.

Daly