PDA

View Full Version : File Viewer

jjinwi
08-09-2005, 11:53 AM
I plan on using UR for many things including document management.

It would be great to have a built in viewer like Copernic's Desktop Search.

I'm not a software developer, but...... could you simple use (or display) the info from Copernic....

The desktop Search product is free and includes viewers for most major formats.

This would be a good addition!

Thanks

-jj

kevina
08-10-2005, 01:34 PM
It is possible to view and/or edit many quite a few file types in Ultra Recall now.

View only:
- web content (.htm/.html/.mht)
- Outlook/Outlook Express files
- .pdf (if you have Adobe Acrobat installed then adding .pdf to the File extensions to display in internal browser view: list at Tools | Options | Browser <tab> option tab.

Edit:
- Text files (.rtf, .txt, all other text extensions)
- Word files (with Microsoft Word installed and .doc in the above extension list).
- Excel files (with Excel installed and .xls in the above extension list)
- Powerpoint files (wtih Powerpoint installed and .ppt in the list)

Note: to edit these files (when stored in Ultra Recall) you also need to add the appropriate extension to the File extensions to open stored documents writeable: list at [i]Tools | Options | Documents <tab> options tab.

What additional files types were you hoping to have a "file viewer" for? Developing a viewer for proprietary file formats often requires extensive resources (especially because many are binary and undocumented)...

jjinwi
08-10-2005, 01:50 PM
I didn't put the extentions in the right place....

sorry :-(

-jj

ps thanks for the quick response!!!

its nice to buy a product from a company that understands the importance of cust service.... too many walk away after the sale.... I will now step down from my soap box :-)