PDA

View Full Version : copy mailing address

blueshoes
07-05-2005, 08:57 AM
copying mailing address leaves out the postal code and country. could they be added?
(I would prefer postal address to be in front of city)

Regards
Clemens

kevina
07-05-2005, 10:45 AM
Adding the country to the mailing label is a good idea, we'll consider adding that capability to an interim build of Ultra Recall.

The Postal Code is currently included, here is what is put on the clipboard:

<First Name> <Last Name>
<Address>
<City>, <State> <Postal Code> [if at least the city is populated]

Is that not what you are seeing? It seems that is what you are asking for, am I misunderstanding your request?

blueshoes
07-05-2005, 11:01 AM
I was only getting <city> and no <Postal Code>.

And now I know why: I did not enter anything in the <State> field as this is not usually done in europe. <Postal Code> gets pasted only when <State> contains data.

Could this be changed in Ultra Recall, so that I do not have to enter a State?

kevina
07-06-2005, 09:25 AM
The latest Version 1.3b download has been updated to address these two requests:
1) Show the Country attribute value (if populated)
2) Show the City, State, Postal Code and/or Country values regardless of whether the others are populated

The new format is:

<First Name> <Last Name>
<Address>
<City>, <State> <Postal Code> <Country>

See this FAQ post (http://www.kinook.com/Forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=911) about upgrading to a later version of Ultra Recall.

blueshoes
07-06-2005, 04:33 PM
Thanks for this quick upgrade!
For the future I would suggest to add a field for a persons title and birthdate to the contacts template.
Also, when you go for localization of UR, it will be good to offer an option to past an address like this:
<First Name> <Last Name>
<Address>
<Postal Code> <City>
<Country>

for the european users.

Maybe you even think of adding reporting functions with custom reports to UR somwhere in future? That would be great. But for now I am very content with what UR does at the moment.

Regards
Clemens