PDA

View Full Version : Cutom field in Contact

LuffmanA
06-21-2005, 11:12 AM
I've looked through the help files on this one and my guess is it can't be done (in the current version anyway).

What I'm trying to do is add a field called Title to be displayed on the Contacts form. I need to classify people as Owner, Rep, Support, Sales, etc. and have made a custom attribute for this. That works fine - for me.

My problem is that this database is going to be distributed to many people who will not be as involved in the UR process as I am. I cannot depend on them to remember to look in the Attributes to find the info. If it is not displayed right on the Contacts page, I don't think they will ever see it.

Is there any way to do this?

Thanks,
AL

LuffmanA
06-21-2005, 12:51 PM
Failing the way it is outlined above - what about a text info item with hyperlinks to the appropriate Contact page?

That way I could have (in text)

Owner - Bob
Sales - Amanda
Rep - Michael
support - Sarah

Where clicking on the person's name would bring up their contact page where the phone number, etc. are shown.

Is this a possibility?

(again, the people who will be using this are not savvy enough to use the child display. I have to set it up for the people who will be doing good to open UR, not for those who will be using more of UR's features.)

AL

kevina
06-22-2005, 11:23 AM
The type of linking you are requesting has been referred to as 'wiki-style' linking and is currently not available, but is on our todo list for a future version of Ultra Recall.

LuffmanA
06-22-2005, 11:26 AM
Thanks, I didn't know what that term meant.

Is there a way to add a custom attribute as a field on the form?

AL

PS - I tried the CSV import and it was AWSOME! Cut my work down considerably.

kevina
06-22-2005, 11:28 AM
Sorry, forgot to answer that first question.

Unfortunately, the ability to customize or create new entry forms for templates is currently not implemented...