PDA

View Full Version : Logical Linking

dasymington
06-20-2005, 05:44 PM
I'm trying to link Info Items by dragging from the Related Items pane to an item in the Data Explorer pane, but it always ends up moving the item; I've tried the right mouse button, holding the control key, etc.

Is there any way to link items this way? Dragging and dropping in the Explorer Pane is not always convenient if the target is at a quite different location in the tree.

kevina
06-20-2005, 06:27 PM
Use either the Alt key (when you drop) or right-drag and choose Link from the displayed menu.

Also copying the Info Item in the Related Items Pane, then Pasting in the Data Explorer Pane will create a Logical Link as well (instead of moving).

dasymington
06-21-2005, 03:48 AM
That's great; got it now, thanks.

Dave

dasymington
06-22-2005, 07:46 AM
I thought I was going mad because this was working yesterday when I tried it after your post, but it's not working today. The difference is I'm trying to link from items in the Search Results pane. Can that be done?

kevina
06-22-2005, 10:59 AM
Currently this is a limitation in Ultra Recall, you can't link between Search results and the Data Explorer Pane directly. First double-click on the Info Item in the Related Items Pane (labeled Searchs Result Pane) which navigates to the appropriate location in the tree, then link from there.

You can then Alt+left arrow to navigate "back" to the search/search results after you link.

We have allowing linking from search results on our todo list for a future version of Ultra Recall.