PDA

View Full Version : Main Window Display

ExtraLean
06-03-2005, 01:34 PM
This is a minor suggestion, basically just an irritation really, but it should be *quite* easy for you to fix.

I have Ultra Recall set up with the following options turned on:

[x] Run Ultra Recall when Windows starts
[x] Minimize application window at startup
[x] Show application icon in system tray
[x] Minimize to system tray

I have several apps that get launched and hidden in the system try when I boot up my machine. UR is the only one that insists on "flashing" the main window before it gets minimized/hidden into the system tray. Perhaps you could do a quick check at startup to see if the options are set to minimize/hide it before actually displaying the main window? That way on bootup, UR won't flash on the screen for a second.

Thanks.

ExtraLean
06-16-2005, 02:53 PM
Any comment on the possibility of slipping in a fix for this minor annoyance?

kevina
06-17-2005, 12:14 AM
Thanks for the suggestion. We have investigated to see what would be required to correct this minor visual inconsistency, and unfortunately the fix won't be as simple as it might appear. If the behavior was more than a slight annoyance, we would be inclined to expend the resources necessary to address it immediately. Since it is not, we have added the bug to our issue database, but we can't provide a timeframe for fixing it at this point.

ExtraLean
06-30-2005, 01:11 PM
Bummer, all the rest of the applications I have installed seemed to get it right. Thx for the reply.

ExtraLean
01-24-2006, 04:26 PM
Just wondering if this ever got fixed in the latest version?

kevina
01-26-2006, 11:37 AM
No, the issue has not yet been resolved.