Kinook Software Forum

Go Back   Kinook Software Forum > Visual Build Professional > [VBP] General Discussion

Old 08-12-2004, 03:46 AM

User defined action for iterations (like Process Files)

Hello,

i'm trying to build some user defined actions, which should iterate an array and pass the values as stings to a child step.
i need some help to understand how an action in VisualBuild enters a child step and, once finshed with it, loops back to the parent step.

Can anybody help me?

Thanks a lot and greetings from Munich!

Lorenz
Old 08-12-2004, 07:53 AM
Administrator

To implement looping, you would need to configure the step's build rule in such a way that it would process all strings in the array (similar to how the looping samples in Advanced.bld and Misc.bld work). Keep in mind that a new instance of the step is created/destroyed for each iteration, so you would need to store the array data in a VBP temporary macro.
Old 08-12-2004, 08:31 AM

thanks.

it seems to work. anyway, i need to write a user defined step which iterates without using a conditional build rule, similar to the Process Files action.

Is it possible to control this with the StepStatusEnum? Is there any further documentation for this or the the COM interface regarding custom actions?

dankeschön

Lorenz
Old 08-12-2004, 08:56 AM
Administrator

Much of the logic for repeating of build rules (for non-Process Files actions) and the Process Files action is built into the builder component, so it's not currently possible to create a user-defined action that uses some other type of iterating functionality.

See 'user actions' in the help index for details on creating user-defined actions, and also the samples in the Samples\User Actions folder. See 'object model' for details on the COM objects and properties that are available from a user-defined action.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: