Kinook Software Forum

Go Back   Kinook Software Forum > Ultra Recall > [UR] General Discussion

Old 03-12-2007, 01:35 PM

setting recurring task

What's the best way to set this up? I get confused by the begin time, end time, etc.

Example:

Buy dog food (usually lasts a month)
Remind myself to replenish in 30 days

I'd like to be able to set up a task (I have a form for this) and just hit a recurring 30 days or month if I could. Be able to find this in upcoming tasks for the month, etc. instead of recreating a task every month. But somehow I can't seem to make this recurring task work. It has something to do with the way I use the date/time attributes.

Thank you

Last edited by janrif; 03-12-2007 at 01:38 PM.
Old 03-12-2007, 02:11 PM

See again http://www.kinook.com/Forum/showthre...?threadid=2347

"reminder triggers on/at:
(begin date/time) - (reminder value)

To see when the reminder will be triggered, see "pending reminder" attribute"

Set the start date (start time really not that relevant). Set recurring attribute to "monthly". Set end date if you know when your dog is going to be dead
Set reminder maybe to 2,3 days, so that you get reminded 2,3 days before you'll be out of dog food. But as you just approximating that your dog food is going to last a month, the reminder can be set just to zero, cause it makes no difference really.
Old 03-12-2007, 02:22 PM

There are also helpful
http://www.kinook.com/UltraRecall/demos.html
Old 03-12-2007, 02:35 PM

Maybe this is what's confusing:
only Begin Date/Time is working with Recurring/Reminder feature (I believe), not due date. Ie. due date will not be updated after dismissed in the reminder dialog. So if you want to get recurrent feature, set it as an Event, not Task.
Then you will be able to see it in Upcoming Events search.
Old 03-12-2007, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by quant
See again http://www.kinook.com/Forum/showthre...?threadid=2347

"reminder triggers on/at:
(begin date/time) - (reminder value) [snip]
Set reminder maybe to 2,3 days, so that you get reminded 2,3 days before you'll be out of dog food. But as you just approximating that your dog food is going to last a month, the reminder can be set just to zero, cause it makes no difference really.
OK, thanks. I know I asked about his before.
I needed to confirm start date (not start time) was necessary for any future reminders, i.e. reminder or recurring. You've confirmed that.

However, here's what 'bothers' me. As soon as I set a begin time, an automated reminder time of 15 minutes is set so it looks to me that pending becomes 15 minutes before current date or now.

I do know I can set recurring to zero & that settles the problem but I find this a bit 'confusing'.

Thank you for your help.
Old 03-12-2007, 03:17 PM

If a Begin Time is provided it is "combined" with the Begin Date to specify a specific point in time (ie: 12:30 PM 3/12/2007 for a Begin Date of 3/12/2007 and a Begin Time of 12:30 PM).

If a Begin Time isn't supplied then 12:00 AM 3/12/2007 would be used (hence the immediate reminder if today is 3/12/2007).

When the recurring reminder is dismissed, the start date will be advanced by the recurrence interval to the first future recurrence (and the optionally displayed Orig Begin Date attribute records the original Begin Date value).
Old 03-12-2007, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by kevina
If a Begin Time is provided it is "combined" with the Begin Date to specify a specific point in time (ie: 12:30 PM 3/12/2007 for a Begin Date of 3/12/2007 and a Begin Time of 12:30 PM).

If a Begin Time isn't supplied then 12:00 AM 3/12/2007 would be used (hence the immediate reminder if today is 3/12/2007).

When the recurring reminder is dismissed, the start date will be advanced by the recurrence interval to the first future recurrence (and the optionally displayed Orig Begin Date attribute records the original Begin Date value).
Thank you for responding but doesn't the reminder time automatically set to 15 minutes as soon as a begin date is entered (even w/o a start time)?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: