Thread: reverse sort
View Single Post
Old 03-05-2007, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by wordmuse
If it's not too much bother, can you please put it on the roadmap.

Reason why: currently, if I create entries where the siblings are named by a date stamp, it means that the most recent is at the bottom of the list, which means, often enough that I have to scroll to see the most current listings. I'd like the most recent listings to appear at the top of the list.

Thanks.

Regards,
Bal
Several people asked this, mainly because of trying to use date as the "Item Title". This is conceptually wrong (trying to use string for date attribute). It would be nice if the item itself can be an attribute, for the time being the date attribute would be enough. Having one button in the menu that would trigger among "sorted/inverse sorted/user sorted", would be nice ... so if item is of type string it would be alphabetical sorting, if the item is of type date, no matter what date format one uses, the sorting would be just the usual sort by date.

However, there could be another level of sorting, where the Date explorer could be sorted by any attribute just like in the child pane. By right-clicking on item, there would be "sort" option -> it would have sub-options of the list of attributes currently used in the child pane -> and each such attribute another 3 sub-options -> "sorted/inverse sorted/user sorted"