View Single Post
Old 04-10-2024, 01:00 AM

Registry = My mistake in part:
As said, I had re-installed UR, then searched for the SNA (sub-) key, first visually, then by RegEditor's search func > wasn't there;
I then had added the SNA key by hand, restarted the PC, checked: key was there.
I then had run UR, made the above search tries (with only OR and AND successful), and re-checked the registry, visually, I admit: key wasn't there anymore; then I posted the reg-dump and pretended the key (=which I had had to add before) wasn't there, but in fact, it's there, as the dump shows: at last position, with lots of non-abc reordering even in other parts, quite scrambled. Thus, the key definitely is there, for the time being.

So I continued to try QS:

diesbezügliches > 5 finds (checked: correctly highlighted)
(so 5 finds is the target number the other finds should met)

diesbez?gliches > 1 find
> checked AS: "contains keywords"
> I changed to MW > no find (5 expected)

diesbez[ük]gliches > no find (ditto for diesbez[ü]gliches)
> checked AS: "contains keywords"
> I changed to MW > no find (5 expected)

diesbezüglic?es > 1 find (checked AS: CK (MW expected?!); changed to MW: no find) (5 expected)

diesbezügliche? (= the ? for the end-s here, should NOT also find diesbezügliche since ? is deemed to stand in for exactly 1 char, not for 1 or 0) > 33 "finds", nothing highlighted; local searches then show that those "found" items contain the word diesbezügliche > the ? at the end obviously is discarded from the search

diesbezügliche > 53 finds (correctly highlighted and incl. the 5 occ of diesbezügliches)

diesbezügliche* > no find (* for 1, n or 0 chars, so * should be redundant here anyway)
checked AS: switch to MW is made (but as said, no find anyway, whilst 53 finds expected)

diesbez*gliches > no find
> checked AS: switch to MW is maid (but, as said, no find, with 5 finds expected)

without a non-ascii char:

dergleichen > 71 finds = ok

dergle?chen > no find
> checked AS: CK i.e. switch to MW is not made [edited for typo here]
> made the switch manually > no find (71 finds expected)

Thus, 2 problems:
- occurrence of (un-escaped) *,?,[] should trigger switch from CK to MW, but only * triggers that switch
- even with MW (manually, in AS), all of these placeholders are not correctly processed
(*-?-[]-problems obviously not linked to ascii-non-ascii)

Last edited by Spliff; 04-10-2024 at 01:07 AM.