View Single Post
Old 08-29-2010, 08:14 PM

Re: New to UR - best way to get started

Note the demo at http://www.kinook.com/UltraRecall/demos.html

I would suggest working through the sample databases that are installed with ultrarecall, as each one demonstrates some useful feature.

Quote:
Originally posted by invgrp2
The problem with my current folder structure is if I'm doing a proposal I might have a word doc, an excel doc, an PDF doc, etc., and I have to go all over the place to find them. I'd like to be able to keyword these docs and have them all show up when I search for them....click each and I'm good to go.
Keep in mind that UR is very flexible and feature rich...and there are often several approaches to an organizational task. For your example, I would probably create a Project Item named "proposal" and link all the doc's, spreadsheets, PDF,etc as sub-items of "proposal" (like wordmuse suggested in his #6 point). Then I would add a number of task items (perhaps with due dates and reminders) to define the work I need to do to complete the project.
Your idea of tagging each item with a keyword and using search (or taking it a step further and creating a "saved search" item) to collect them on demand, would work too.

Welcome,