Kinook Software Forum

Kinook Software Forum (https://www.kinook.com/Forum/index.php)
-   [UR] General Discussion (https://www.kinook.com/Forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Important fix for stability problems (https://www.kinook.com/Forum/showthread.php?t=3046)

kinook 09-26-2007 06:21 PM

Important fix for stability problems

Today, we were finally able to reproduce the instability issues that have been reported by some users, and the latest download (version 3.2.4) includes a fix for the problem.

It should resolve most, if not all, access violation, out of memory, pure virtual function call, library routine called out of sequence, runtime errors, crashes, and/or UR closing without displaying an error.

If you continue to encounter any of these problems after installing v3.2.4, please let us know. Thanks.

cnewtonne 09-26-2007 11:26 PM

Wow...
This is something I would've paid a million dollars to hear. I'm thrilled and speechless...

- what happened?
- How come you are now able to fix so many issue when just few days ago you could not reproduce most of them?

- Did you just know/discover something you did not know just few days ago?

- Was this related at all to the recent discovery of the RTTI error?

This is a dream come true and something I would not have expected in years? This is probably one of the most exciting news for me this year.
I will download it and put it to the test. Will report my findings.

Thank you very very much.

quant 09-27-2007 02:11 AM

Excellent!

Looking realistically at it, we'll probably never find out what was the problem causing it. It was not an obvious error (probably some thread related one/pure virtual function problem)
... i.e. an error that any UR competitor is possibly going to face as well, if they are not smart/knowledgeable enough ... ;-)

Leoram 09-27-2007 07:21 AM

Thanks Kinook!!!

kinook 09-27-2007 08:00 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by cnewtonne
Wow...
This is something I would've paid a million dollars to hear. I'm thrilled and speechless...

So the check is in the mail, right? :^)

Quote:

- what happened?
We fixed the bug causing these problems (it was actually fairly simple to fix once it was identified, but it was the proverbial needle in a haystack [it was thread-related]).

Quote:

- How come you are now able to fix so many issue when just few days ago you could not reproduce most of them?
All of the instability problems stemmed from the same bug. Why we were unable to reproduce the problem before yesterday is a bit of a mystery.

Quote:

- Did you just know/discover something you did not know just few days ago?
Yes -- we finally reproduced the problem, which enabled us to debug and fix it.

Quote:

- Was this related at all to the recent discovery of the RTTI error?
No.

dasymington 09-28-2007 04:14 AM

Thanks for the update. It's working fine here.

igoldsmid 09-28-2007 04:58 PM

Brilliant!

Consistent, relentless diligence in tracking down and fixing bugs and making UltraRecall not only one of the very few comprehensive personal information management tools on the planet, but also safe and reliable.