Kinook Software Forum

Kinook Software Forum (https://www.kinook.com/Forum/index.php)
-   [UR] General Discussion (https://www.kinook.com/Forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Change attribute in search results grid (https://www.kinook.com/Forum/showthread.php?t=3267)

dasymington 11-23-2007 07:33 AM

Change attribute in search results grid

Is there any way to change the value of an attribute when it's displayed in the search results grid? You can change an item's flag attribute in this way, but I want to change the value of the Priority attribute and can't find a way to do it. Unfortunately, as the items listed are all of different types, the Priority attribute doesn't always show up in the Item Attributes pane.

kinook 11-23-2007 04:38 PM

Select the search result item and edit the Priority attribute in the Item Attributes pane.

dasymington 11-23-2007 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by kinook
Select the search result item and edit the Priority attribute in the Item Attributes pane.
As I said in my post: "Unfortunately, as the items listed are all of different types, the Priority attribute doesn't always show up in the Item Attributes pane."

kinook 11-23-2007 05:06 PM

Then insert the attribute first.

janrif 11-23-2007 05:20 PM

Re: Change attribute in search results grid

Quote:

Originally posted by dasymington
Is there any way to change the value of an attribute when it's displayed in the search results grid? You can change an item's flag attribute in this way, but I want to change the value of the Priority attribute and can't find a way to do it. Unfortunately, as the items listed are all of different types, the Priority attribute doesn't always show up in the Item Attributes pane.
How about going back & adding the priority attribute to the template? Does that help?

dasymington 11-23-2007 05:21 PM

Kinook, your responses are usually more helpful than that. To do that I'd need to change every template type I have in my UR database, or insert the Priority attribute for every item that shows up in my search each time I run the search - hardly an aid to productivity!

Changing each template type to include the Priority attribute isn't really an option as I've found, to my cost, that this changes the modified date of every item based on the template. I use modified date a lot in my searches and when it gets changed by UR for no good reason it invalidates a lot of the searches I do.

dasymington 11-23-2007 05:25 PM

Re: Re: Change attribute in search results grid

Quote:

Originally posted by janrif
How about going back & adding the priority attribute to the template? Does that help?
Thanks for the suggestion, but I've found doing that changes the modifed date of every item based on the template, which messes up a lot of my searches.

quant 11-23-2007 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by dasymington
Changing each template type to include the Priority attribute isn't really an option as I've found, to my cost, that this changes the modified date of every item based on the template.
it does not

dasymington 11-24-2007 05:32 AM

Thanks, quant, you're right, and thanks to you, too, janrif. The last time I changed something on a template (giving it a new icon) UR changed the modified date of every item based on the template.