PDA

View Full Version : Importing email messages with same filename

PureMoxie
02-24-2005, 12:03 AM
I am periodically importing some .eml files via command line. Some of the messages will occasionally have the same filename - e.g. "Re website.eml" even though they are different messages (I delete the files after every import).

I've noticed that subsequent imports of a message with the same file name will always show the first message's body instead of the actual message body from the newly imported file. Other attributes, such as sender, message date, etc. are correct.

So far, I've only noticed this on HTML messages. Also, the message body on these is still showing up in the browser viewer rather than the mime viewer, although I actually don't mind that behavior.

UR 1.2a

kevina
02-25-2005, 10:36 AM
Could you forward one of these eml files that display in the browser (instead of the Mime Viewer) to support@kinook.com?

This would definitely assist us in reproducing and trouble-shooting the issue you are reporting.

PureMoxie
03-02-2005, 01:01 AM
Thanks to Kinook support for taking a look at this. It should be fixed in the next minor update.

I can confirm that the problem seems to be unique to PocoMail. Saving .eml files from Thunderbird and then importing them works fine. For now, I'm switching to Thunderbird. My choice of mail client is secondary at this point to getting everything into UR :-)

kevina
03-18-2005, 05:42 PM
The download file has been updated to incorporate a fix for the Pocomail .eml/.mht issue described (the version for this download is still 1.2a).

See http://www.kinook.com/Forum/showthr...mp;threadid=911 for instructions about upgrading to this latest version of Ultra Recall.