PDA

View Full Version : creating stored document template

kzerba
02-16-2005, 09:00 AM
I tried several times to create a stored ms word document template using the help instructions. Each time, I deleted the template I created and then started over again. I noticed that Word Document is accumulating a new instance each time in the Default Child Template list. There are now multiple Word Document instances in this list that correspond to the number of times I tried to create the template. The drop-down list of Default Child Template does not appear to be accessible to remove the extra copies with the attributes editor through the properties menu.

kzerba
02-16-2005, 10:18 AM
The multiple instances of Word Document in the default child template list appear to depend on the number of these files I had in the database-- the ones deleted were still in the recycle bin. When I emptied it, the multiple instances disappear-- so this does not appear to be a problem.

kevina
02-17-2005, 09:01 AM
You are right, templates in the Recycle Bin still show up as a choice in the Default Child Template attribute choices (which can be resolved by removing them from the Recycle Bin).

I would consider this a minor bug. It should behave like the Template Item attribute that shows a template in the Recycle Bin if already assigned, but doesn't show it as a selection choice.

This will be fixed in a future release of Ultra Recall.