PDA

View Full Version : managing attribute categories

kzerba
02-15-2005, 10:21 AM
The attributes editors allows creation of a new category when creating new attribute items. How does one delete or modify an exitsting attribute category?

Thanks for UR. I am finding it more and more useful every day.

kinook
02-15-2005, 11:05 AM
http://www.kinook.com/UR/Manual/?attributepropdialog.htm

vamp07
06-10-2005, 12:43 PM
Is it possible to delete a attribute? What I actually want to do it move an attribute to a different category. I know how to delete it but If I then try to create it in a new category it will not let me since it still shows up in the attribute list and things like category are greyed out. Simply changing the category of an attribute in the templates does not appear possible either.

Thanks

kevina
06-10-2005, 03:11 PM
To "move" an attribute to a different category is as simple as editing the attribute with the Attributes Editor (hyperlinked earlier in the thread) and changing the Category string value (system attribute categories can't be modified).

If you delete a non-system attribute (system attributes can't be deleted) in the Attributes Editor, they will be deleted. Are you deleting them in the Item Attributes Pane? If so, this only deletes the selected attribute assigned to the currently selected Info Item(s), but not the underlying attribute definition (which is managed with the Attributes Editor mentioned and hyperlinked above).

Note: when you insert an attribute into the Item Attributes Pane that is not pre-existing, its definition is created. So you essentially you can create attributes using the Item Attributes Pane, but you can't edit or delete them there. Hope that helps.

If I haven't understood your question, please provide more detail and we'll respond appropriately.

LuffmanA
06-21-2005, 09:05 AM
Try this:

Tools - Attributes.

You can delete the ones you created and don't use any longer from here.

I ran into the same problem and used this to delete the ones I didn't want then re-inserted the corrected ones.

I'm new to UR so there is probably an easier way but this worked for me.

AL