PDA

View Full Version : command line option /item

lena
02-01-2005, 06:06 AM
I want to open UR at a specific info item. In the Help file I read that I should use: UltraRecall.exe /item but when I try, for example

UltraRecall.exe /item reviews

UR does come to the front but the specified info item (reviews, in my example) is not selected. It does not matter if I enclose the item name in quotes or not. What am I doing wrong?

Ultimately, I would like to do:

UltraRecall.exe /item reviews /import "http://www.example.com"

So that the url is imported at the specified info item. Is dat at all possible?

[edit] I searched a bit more, and found that I have to specify the ItemID on the command line (makes much more sense indeed). At first, I could not find the ItemID referenced anywhere, but after a little more tinkering (I really actually did play with this for a while before I asked the question, really), I found that there is a "system attributes to display" option. I now see the ItemID, and I can open the item from the command line. Very cool.

My last question remains, though. I would really like to automatically import something at the right place. Is this possible at the moment?

lena
02-01-2005, 08:44 AM
I found a sort-of solution. In the Import options I can say "Insert imported items at bold item in Data Explorer". This does exactly what I want (I continue to be amazed that you have added options for things I never expected), but I only want that when I import from the command line. When I am surfing the web I want the stuff I Win-V to be in the Imported Items, so that I can categorize it later.

I think I should be able to work around this, I just make a wrapper script that sets and then resets the registry option to import at the bold item.

It would still be great if the command line option supported this itself, I think people want to import from the command line in a very different way then when they are actively importing things.

kevina
02-01-2005, 01:39 PM
Your workaround (ensuring the import option to use the bold Info Item) works with Version 1.1 as you describe.

Ultra Recall 1.2 now honors the /Item flag as you desire...

Note: it is highly recommended that you make a backup of your Info Databases before upgrading to a new version.

lena
02-02-2005, 11:14 AM
Wow, this is fast customer service :)
It works great, thanks very much.