View Full Version : Lost data
01-28-2005, 10:47 AM
I created a new note item yesterday, added text in the item detail pane. Today, the note was there, but there was no text. What might have caused this?
01-28-2005, 01:32 PM
I'm not sure. Changes to text items are saved
1) Before navigating to another item or web page
2) When closing a database or exiting UR
3) Every x minutes as configured in Tools | Options | Editor | Auto-save changes every x minutes
4) When minimizing the application window
5) Before initiating an operation that could modify the database (Import, Compact/Repair, Change Password, etc.)
6) On Ctrl+S (File | Save)
About the only causes I can think of are:
1) If the computer lost power, was reset without shutdown, or the UR task was killed in between typing and the auto-save delay
2) If saving the item failed (for instance, if the database was on a network share and the connection was lost), but then an error message would have been displayed.
3) If the changes were accidentally undone.
If you are able to reproduce this problem, we'd certainly like to duplicate it here and fix it.
01-28-2005, 02:13 PM
As far as I am aware, none of those conditions existed. I wrote this note earlier in the day, UR was running all day long, and I shut everything down normally.
I will notify you if this problem recurs.
Thank you for the reply.
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2013, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.