PDA

View Full Version : How to resolve problems with registration not sticking

kinook
10-25-2010, 10:38 AM
Some users have reported situations where the Visual Build registration info is lost, and it reverts to operating in evaluation mode (sometimes only when called from a scheduled task). To work around this, use one of the alternative registrations methods:

1) In the Visual Build System folder (typically C:\Program Files\VisBuildPro10\System), create a text file named VisBuildSvr.ini with contents like this:[License]
PortableKey=My Company (n-computer license),123456-654321-...-123456Note: On Windows Vista and later, the editor must be run elevated ("As administrator") in order to create or modify files in a Program Files subfolder. Another option is to create the file in a different folder (for instance, My Documents) and move it into the above folder using Windows Explorer (Windows will prompt for elevation in order to move the file).

Note: After registering with this method, registering again via the About | Register dialog or method #2 will report an invalid key.

or

2) In the project or global vbld_BuildStarting script event (http://www.kinook.com/VisBuildPro/Manual/scriptevents.htm), add VBScript code like this:Builder.RegisterKey "My Company (n-computer license)", "123456-654321-...-123456"
Note: Replace the license name, count and registration key above with the information from your license info email.