PDA

View Full Version : Make Delphi: Updating VERSIONINFO breaks resource file and build fails

clindemann
12-11-2003, 07:54 AM
When I use the "Make Delphi" action, and set it to update version info information, the build fails with:

"Error: RLINK32: Too many resources to handle."

This error also occurs if i make an additional make action infront, to update the version info, before calling the actual make action.

the res file gets bloated from being 4k to 66 megs.

If I disable all the version info updates, the make runs without problems.

Any suggestions on how to get this to work? Or if not, will there be any patch to solve this problem, soon? As I am not able to use Visual Build for anything usefulle if it can not update the version information at every build.

Best regards,
Christoph Lindemann

kevina
12-11-2003, 08:36 AM
What version of Delphi are you using? What type of Delphi project are you compiling?

What version of Visual Build Pro are you using (Help, About, Install Info)?

What version info are you trying to set?

Could you copy the step(s) you are invoking to update the version info and compile the delphi project, and paste them into an email to support@kinook.com or as a reply here on the forum (it will paste as xml)?

This is the first and only report of this error condition, so without further detail we really can't provide either a workaround or fix any related bug...

Kevin

clindemann
12-16-2003, 04:12 AM
Hi,

Attached please find a test project, which demonstates the problem.
Included are both Delphi and Visual Build project files.

We are using the follwing versions:

-Borland Delphi 5.0 (Build 6.18) Update Pack 1, Int. English
-Visual Build Professional 5.0 (5.0.2.6)
-Windows 2000 Pro (5.0 Build 2195: SP 3), Int. English

The used steps and versioninfo settings should be clear from the included project files.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Best regards,
Christoph Lindemann

kinook
12-18-2003, 07:09 AM
We were able to reproduce the problem using the files you sent, thanks. The file http://www.kinook.com/Download/VisBuildMisc.zip contains a patch to fix the problem; you can download it and extract to your VisBuildPro install path.

clindemann
12-18-2003, 08:39 AM
Thank you very much, for the good support