PDA

View Full Version : link/copy buttons keep disappearing from Outlook

igoldsmid
02-27-2006, 09:25 PM
link & copy bottons are periodically disappearing from Outlook (2003) ?? Only to reappear when I reinstall UR... - any ideas?

kevina
03-01-2006, 04:55 PM
The Ultra Recall - Outlook Toolbar is implemented in a single dll, OutlookAddIn.dll, which is located in the Integration subfolder of the Ultra Recall installation path (by default this is c:\program files\ultrarecall).

Re-installing Ultra Recall simply reregisters this dll file. For the Toolbar to disappear, either this dll is being deleted, or the registration info (in the registry) is being corrupted or deleted.

The following registry entries are required for the add-in to be "installed":
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ Software \ Microsoft \ Office \ Outlook \ Addins \ UROutlookAddIn.AddIn.1
  FriendlyName REG_SZ Ultra Recall Outlook Add-In
  LoadBehavior REG_DWORD 0x00000003 (3)

and

HKEY_CURRENT_USER \ Software \ Microsoft \ Office \ Outlook \ Addins \ UROutlookAddIn.AddIn
  FriendlyName REG_SZ Ultra Recall Outlook Add-In
  LoadBehavior REG_DWORD 0x00000003 (3)

Are OutlookAddIn.dll and the registry entries above present?

igoldsmid
03-05-2006, 06:30 PM
I checked everything you wrote in your response - everything was as it should be except the value of: LoadBehavior REG_DWORD 0x00000003 - the value when I looked was set to '2' - so I reset to '3'... and my outllok UR tool buttons re-appeared when opening Outlook. I don't know whether my own PC had corrupted this value, or whether it was somehow incorrectly set at '2' at install time.