PDA

View Full Version : 'wildcard' & 'contains keywords' in adv. search?

igoldsmid
02-27-2006, 03:39 AM
I have created an attribute with multiple string type values, with 'restrict values to list' selected. In constructing an advanced search I find I am unable to specify the finding of a specific keyword within any of the string values, each of which have multiple key words (all the attribute string values are multi word strings).... For example, of several different multi-word string values, a sub-set of them have one word the same, which is 'calls'.

In using the comparison operator, "contains keywords" - or "matches wildcard" it seems only possible to select one or another of the full string (multiple keywords in each case) of each value in the search term... What I want to do but seemingly can't is find items with the specified attribute assigned, where that attribute value (multiple keywords) contains one specific keyword, the word 'calls'...

Is this clear? Am I missing something? Is there a already a way to do this?

Thanks,

IJG

kevina
02-27-2006, 03:21 PM
This is a limitation of the current Advanced Search entry field for constrained String attributes.

We are currently in final testing of Ultra Recall version 1.4d, which will allow the search to be entered as you request/expect.

kevina
03-01-2006, 05:24 PM
Ultra Recall version 1.4d has been released which fixes the reported Advanced Search behavior.

Please download and re-install the latest Ultra Recall installation file (http://www.kinook.com/UltraRecall/download.html) and confirm that this bug is addressed in your situation.

igoldsmid
03-01-2006, 05:43 PM
FIXED THANKS KEVIN!