PDA

View Full Version : access count resets

PureMoxie
02-22-2006, 02:55 PM
I've just noticed something that must have started occuring in the most recent build.

The system Access Count attribute resets to zero for items where it equals 1. For example, I access an item, the access count is set to 1, but upon exiting and restarting UR the access count is back to 0.

Other items with a higher starting access count do not exhibit this problem.

A tiny annoyance, but I sort my quick search results by descending access count to have the most popular items at the top...

kevina
02-23-2006, 12:47 PM
An "optimization" that was recently introduced (to version 1.4c) caused this erroneous behaviour (basically the AccessDate/Count attributes aren't actually updating).

The latest version 1.4c installation file has been updated a fix for this bug, please download and reinstall Ultra Recall v. 1.4c. Sorry for the inconvenience.

emily
03-04-2006, 04:38 AM
I have been using the evaluation version of UR for a couple of weeks now, and it's general suited to what I am looking for with its functionality.

I do have one question though ... I don't like the idea of having all my data stored into the same UR database, in spite of the various postingi and comments I have seen that UR handles db as large as 5 Gb with no problem.

Question: Is there a way for UR to perform a Search Query on a specified list of UR info databases?

Thanks for any feedback you guys out there can provide on the above.

Best Rgds,

kevina
03-06-2006, 06:07 PM
Ultra Recall currently does not support multi-database searching.