PDA

View Full Version : Reindexing

glw1
10-31-2005, 03:06 PM
Is there a way to force reindexing of the database? I imported 317 text items and neatly arranged them only to find out that words containing digits are *not* indexed by default. Most of my entries include precisely that, ie words containing digits which reference various things. I have now chosen this option and new entries are properly indexed I cannot find a way to force the database to be re-indexed for the old entries.

Help!

kevina
10-31-2005, 05:51 PM
Curently there is not a direct way to mass reindex Info Items in Ultra Recall.

One option is to export the root item of these imported Info Items recursively to XML, delete them, then reimport them from the exported XML (OML format). All relationships, attributes and other information will be preserved, and the alternate keyworking setting will also be honored.

kevina
01-11-2006, 02:21 PM
The ability to "reindex" multiple Info Items is available with Ultra Recall version 1.4 and later. Simply select the Info Items you want to synchronize/reindex then Synchronize (Item | Synchronize on the menu or the Synchronize button on the Item Toolbar). If the Info Item isn't linked to an external document/web page via a valid url attribute, Ultra Recall will simply rekeyword the existing content, otherwise the latest content will be retrieved (and rekeyworded).