PDA

View Full Version : Export issue

Leoram
09-05-2005, 10:05 AM
Exporting of a whole structured tree of items doesn't recreate faithfully in Win Explorer.

I executed an export routine from UR which consists of about ~300 folders and sub-folders (no documents) but only some scores of them recreated on Win Explorer.

I thought it was a limitation of the trial condition of UR but then I registered and the same thing happened.

Is there any explanation to this?

Leoram

kevina
09-06-2005, 11:15 AM
Not sure, we haven't had other reports of this behaviour, nor have we reproduced it in our lab.

Can you post the Info Database in question here on the forum, or if it contains "sensitive" info, can you email it to support@kinook.com for our evaluation?

Leoram
09-07-2005, 09:37 AM
Kevina:

I'm sending you an urd file to the above email address as you requested. Please note that of a total of 331 folders in the database, only 24 get exported to MS Explorer (at least in my case). I hope to hear from you soon on this particular. Thanks for a great support.

Leoram

kevina
09-07-2005, 12:55 PM
What is causing the reported behaviour is that Ultra Recall will recreate the folder structure when exporting Documents and item rich text to a folder, with one exception. If the "last" child Info Item in a branch has no rich text, then it isn't exported.

Our intent was to only export Info Items that contain data (rich text or a document), but in your case the "last" child Info Item in a branch is typically a Folder Info Item, and you are expecting a folder to be created at that location.

Your request is a good idea, the next release of Ultra Recall will include this change, scheduled for a 2005Q4 release.

Leoram
09-08-2005, 07:49 AM
Thanks for the inclusion in the next release Kevin.