PDA

View Full Version : Refresh auto-generated keywords?

xja
04-21-2005, 01:23 PM
A few versions ago (not sure which), I imported a folder with many recursive subfolders and files. I just realized that a keyword search was not turning up any of the folders that I had imported. When I looked at the keyword lists for those folders, they all had only "new" and "folder" as the keywords and not the folder title. I tried to recreate this with UR 1.2a by importing folders now and found that, while the newly-imported folders did have "new" and "folder" as keywords, they did also have the name of the folder as a keyword (although when I rename the folder, the keyword list still reflects at least one previous name as well). So maybe this issue had something to do with a setting I had or an old bug.

Anyway, is there a way that I can regenerate the auto-gen keywords for all these folders (there are a lot) so they include the title? Synchronizing is not an option (there is no URL attribute).

kevina
04-22-2005, 02:55 PM
The keyword issue you are experiencing was a bug in an earlier version of Ultra Recall. Currently a way to "mass-rekeyword" Info Items is not provided in Ultra Recall.

This (and a way to "Synchronize" files/folders) is on our todo list for a future version of Ultra Recall.

For now the only way to force Ultra Recall to rekeyword a non-document Info Item is by editing the text value in question (in this case the Item Title attribute value). Unfortunately, there isn't a way to do this "in mass".

xja
04-22-2005, 03:50 PM
:( Bummer. I've got about 250 folders with this problem.

Guess I could export them and then reimport, although I've done a lot of moving around and multilinking that will be a pain to recreate. Probably easier to retype.

btw, did the bug just apply to folder names or were the titles of the documents not keyworded as well? It is a little difficult to tell if the titles of the docs were keyworded since often the title of the documents is also contained in the text of the document, and the text of the documents I imported was keyworded.

kevina
05-04-2005, 08:35 AM
Sorry for not answering your question earlier, somehow it got overlooked.

The bug you are seeing is directly related to importing folders (as "Folder" Info Items) during a file import process.

xja
05-04-2005, 11:29 AM
Thanks.

btw, in case anyone else runs into this obscure problem, the following freeware keystroke macro software came in handy... you can specify a keystroke sequence (ie, edit an item, add a letter, edit the item, delete that letter, so it is back to the original name) and assign it to a hotkey.

http://members.ij.net/anthonymathews/MacroMaker.htm

It runs fine on WinXP, even though it hasn't been tested. It is a very powerful little program.... could be useful for other things... eg, you can have it import a web page by setting up the old "Alt-D, Ctrl-C, Win-V" sequence in IE (insert a 500ms delay between Alt-D and Ctrl-C).