PDA

View Full Version : UR Internet Browser not reliable

lvideau
04-15-2005, 09:21 AM
Hi,

Have any of you got the same problem as me? Surfing the net with the integrated browser of UR is very frustrating. It is slow and often stops right there in the middle of downloading a page. This does not happen at all with other browsers like Firefox or IE for the same page at the same time.

Is there any fix scheduled? I just purschased UR because of its ability to surf the net and sort my downloaded pages. But I just can't use it, too slow and frustrating.

Thanks in advance for your help

Laurent

kinook
04-15-2005, 10:51 AM
The UR internal browser *is* IE. We haven't had any problems like that reported, and we use it quite regularly for browsing and haven't noticed any problems like that. Which version of IE do you have? Are there any specific pages that are problematic?

One possible workaround would be to configure UR to use the Mozilla ActiveX Control for its internal browser:
http://www.kinook.com/Forum/showthread.php?threadid=1008

lvideau
04-15-2005, 11:21 AM
Hi,

Thanks for your reply. I will try to use the Mozilla Active x control and see if it works. I will do this because you say we can revert to IE's one easily.

Now, I have a problem. When I try to Store content of a Internation Herald Tribune page it donwload for a while and then when finished the page is blank, no content, just the hpper border showing the logo but no text. In other trials it works well with The economist magazine; I suppose there are special features of IHT that prevents this. The problem only exists when you download a page opened from IHT from a link there

IT would be a GREAT help if the browser had TABS. It is very frustrating not being able to open multiple pages in the same display. Having to come back to the previous page is a pain !

But overall, i start to love UR, I just wish tabs exists for browsing
Laurent